What is the Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport (CWPS) Tool?
- It is a self-assessment and action planning tool that has been developed to support sports clubs and organisations in creating a positive and safe culture for children and young people.
- It is based on the Standards for Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport , which all sports clubs and organisations should strive to meet.
What does it help me to do?
- Self-assess how well your club is protecting children and young people and safeguarding their wellbeing.
- Create an action plan specific to your club’s needs.
Find out ways your club could make improvements by providing:
- suggested actions.
- links to resources such as guidance, template policies and procedures. There are generic Children 1st resources as well as, where available, links from your Sports Governing Body (SGB).
- links to useful organisations for further information and advice.
Who will see my information?
- Your governing body and sportscotland will have access to your self-assessment but not your action plan. Children 1st will have access to this information too, but it will not be club identifiable.
- Your information will only be used to help us identify and develop resources and support for clubs in achieving the Standards.
Where do I go for help?
- Instructions on how to use the CWPS tool are in the ‘About this Section’ on relevant pages.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are at the top of every page.
- If you still need help, contact your SGB, in the first instance, or the Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport service (contact details for both are in the FAQs).
- A link at the bottom of every page is also there if you have a concern about a child or young person.
Please sign up or sign in to get started
- To 'Sign up' click link below or click 'Sign in' at top right.